Sunday 9 September 2012

Stuck

My dad once said that I "always needed to be rescued" so maybe this is true, maybe I create situations where i'm in a vulnerable or perilous position to try and manipulate other people into fixing things for me, which validates me and makes me feel needed and cared for while at the same time creating a sense of forward motion in my life with very little effort on my behalf. On the other hand maybe my dad was just being a dick. I don't know. Possibly both. Well, see, there it is, if things aren't going the way i want it isn't the result of poor decisions on my behalf, it's because someone else failed me, because of course I'm too broken to be responsible for my own actions. Then I can demonize someone else and be the poor wounded little heroine, but to interpret my actions this way plays into the cycle. So I'm stuck. Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment